Enhanced Lifeline Benefits for Tribal Lands
For households on Tribal lands, the Enhanced Tribal Benefit often offers a higher monthly discount for broadband service compared to the standard ACP discount. This additional benefit is in recognition of the unique challenges and disparities in broadband access faced by residents of Tribal lands.
To qualify for the ETB, households must meet the following criteria
- You or your family must live on qualifying Tribal lands
- The household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Tribal Look Up
To apply for the ETB, households can visit the ACP website or contact their internet service provider.
The ETB is a valuable program that can help Native American families living on Tribal lands to afford internet access. If you think you may be eligible for the ETB, I encourage you to apply.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- Affordable Connectivity Program website
- Enhanced Tribal Benefit information
- Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC)
If you are already enrolled in Enhanced Tribal Benefit then you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program or ACP.Apply For ACP